The Scuola Grande di San Teodoro is one of eight 'Scuole Grande' in Venice. It was founded in 1258 when the confraternity settled in the San Salvador church, obtaining, as the other Scuole, the permit to use a lateral nave and some rooms of the monastery.
Throughout the 17th century the building was enlarged and decorated with paintings. In 1960 San Teodoro was reconstructed and today it is used as a venue for cultural events.
Scuola Grande di San Teodoro, Campo San Salvador, San Marco, Venice, Italy, Google Maps