Castell de Peralada
The Castillo de Peralada dates from the late middle ages. The medieval site was acquired by Miguel Mateu in 1923 and is currently the home of the Casino de Peralada, the Museo del Vidrio (Glass Museum), the Museo del Vino (Wine Museum), an impressive library with over 80,000 volumes of antiquarian books including 1,000 copies of Don Quixote, wine cellars with selection of excellent wines which are eventually marketed as Castillo de Peralada cavas and wines, and the Gothic‐style Iglesia del Carmen. The church currently houses the Castillo de Peralada Museum. The cloisters and church are well‐known for their exceptional multicoloured wooden coffered ceilings.
Constructed in the second half of the 14th century, it is one of the most important stages at the Festival.
Castell de Peralada, Carrer de Sant Joan, s/n, 17491 Peralada, Spain, Google Maps