About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear the mellifluous sounds of classical music by Tchaikovsky, Fauré, Schumann and Demirel at Berlin's treasured and world‐renowned Konzerthaus.
Turkey's National Youth Philharmonic Orchestra and its dynamic conductor Cem Mansur need no introduction to the Young Euro Classic audience! The young Turks have been regular summer visitors and have always aroused enthusiasm with exciting programmes and a Mediterranean temperament. We are therefore looking forward to their performance in 2022 — because the programme is again colourful and varied. The programme begins with a double tribute to Tchaikovsky with his Mozartiana Suite and the virtuoso Rococo Cello Variations. In the second part, the orchestra plays Fauré's elegant theatrical suite Masques and Bergamasques and — in homage to German Romanticism — Robert Schumann's rarely heard Overture, Scherzo and Finale. Finally, Evrim Demirel brings a novelty from his country, the second part of his successful orchestral work Ottoman Miniatures.
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich – Suite Nr. 4 G‐Dur op. 61 „Mozartiana” (1884)
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich – Variationen über ein Rokoko‐Thema A‐Dur op. 33 (1876‐1877)
- Fauré, Gabriel – „Masques et Bergamasques” Suite für Orchester op. 112 (1868‐1918)
- Demirel, Evrim – „Ottoman Miniatures II” (Uraufführung)
- Schumann, Robert – Ouvertüre, Scherzo und Finale E‐Dur op. 52 (1841)
|Orchestra:||Nationale Jugendphilharmonie der Türkei|