About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear classical music at Bologna's atmospheric Oratorio di San Filippo Neri.
Thinking about Bach. The musicians of the Tetraktis Quartet, an inventive and original percussion ensemble, asked six living Italian composers to rethink as many Preludes and Fugues from the Well‐Tempered Clavier for the timbre, sound and colors of their instruments. A project with the collaboration of harpsichordist Enrico Baiano that places each of these 'reinventions' in front of the 'mirror' of their respective original versions, suggesting how a return to Bach is like a return to the roots of Western musical civilization.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude and Fugue in C major BWV 848
- Federico Gardella – Ghost
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude and Fugue in E‐flat minor, BWV 853
- Giorgio Colombo Taccani – Serene shores, perhaps from afar
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Preludio e Fuga n.9 in mi maggiore BWV 878
- Leonardo Marino – Small Impossible Architecture
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude and Fugue in G minor BWV 861
- Caterina Di Cecca – Suspended Geometries
- Alessandro Solbiati – JSB XX
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude and Fugue A minor BWV 889
- Riccardo Panfili – White Death