About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear the mellifluous sounds of chamber music at London's treasured and world‐renowned Conway Hall.
‘Seeking Utopia’: a programme of words and music celebrating the friendship between Ralph Vaughan Williams and violist Lionel Tertis, in the 150th year since Vaughan Williams’ birth.
Vaughan Williams and Lionel Tertis’ origins could scarcely be more different, however they proved to match one another, stature for stature, in their artistic achievements. Through the music mingled with reflections on the world of those who created it, this narrated concert offers an impassioned plea for unity and transcendence in our own time.
- Holst, Gustav – Lyric Movement H.191
- Williams, Ralph Vaughan – Suite for viola IRV 83
- Clarke, Rebecca – Passacaglia on an Old English Tune
- Delius, Frederick – (arr. Tertis): Serenade from ‘Hassan’
- Bloch, Ernest – Rhapsody from ‘Suite Hébraïque’
- Korngold, Erich Wolfgang – (arr. Tertis): Hornpipe from ‘Incidental Music from Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing’ Op.11/5