About the Event
Enjoy classical masterworks with the chamber ensemble of the Dvořák Symphony Orchestra, harpsichord, solo violinist and beautiful music by Smetana, Bizet, Dvořák and Vivaldi at the magnificent Clementinum in Prague.
The Dvořák Symphony Orchestra consists of musicians from Prague's leading ensembles.
Near the famous Charles Bridge, the highly ornamented Mirror Chapel of Prague’s Klementinum is a popular location for classical and jazz concerts by Czech and international artists. The Klementinum was built as a Jesuit college between 1653 and 1726, and attractions of the large building complex includes a historic library, an astronomy tower, and the Mirror Chapel.
- Dvořák, Antonín – Symphony No. 9 , 'From the New World' > Largo from Symphony No. 9, 'From the New World'
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons
- Bizet, Georges – Carmen > Overture from Carmen
- Dvořák, Antonín – Humoresque
- Dvořák, Antonín – Slovanic dance No. 8
- Smetana, Bedrich – The Moldau
5.0 of 5
It was a wonderful concert, in a beautiful setting. The chamber Orchestra played "the stars down from heaven", as we say in the Netherlands, so it was amazing to hear and see them play! We enjoyed it very much! Jelle and Sandra, the Netherlands.
We really enjoyed the concert and the venue. The playing was professional and acoustics were good.
Great evening of music. Not to long and great building.