About the Event
The renowned British Concert Pianist, Warren Mailley‐Smith, plays Gershwin's epic Rhapsody in Blue and other popular classics to celebrate the summer in Central London.
Warren is a favourite with UK audiences, well‐known for his incredible feat of learning to play all 3.5 million notes of Chopin’s piano music from memory and hailed by the critics as an “epic achievement” He is one of the busiest concert pianists of his generation, giving over 100 solo performances in the UK alone yearly. He has performed for the Royal Family over 30 occasions and his last CD was featured by Classic FM as CD of the Week
“Tall and talented, Warren Mailley‐Smith is the embodiment of a modern romantic concert pianist…” – Musical Opinion
- Beethoven, Ludwig van – Sonata in C sharp minor, (‘Moonlight Sonata)
- Chopin, Frederic – Nocturne in C sharp min — Posthum.
- Chopin, Frederic – Fantasy– Impromptu, Op. 66
- Chopin, Frederic – Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op 23
- Liszt, Franz – Hugarian Rhapsody No 2
- Beethoven, Ludwig van – Sonata in F minor, Op 57 (‘Appassionata Sonata’)
- Liszt, Franz – La Campanella
- Debussy, Claude – Clair de lune
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei Vasilievich – Prelude in C sharp minor 3
- Gershwin, George – Rhapsody in Blue