Church of St. Simon and Jude (Kostel sv. Šimona a Judy)
Prague, Czech Republic
Sir Bohuslav from Olbramovice founded a hospital in 1354 in the space where the Church of St. Simon & Jude is located today. As a part of the hospital complex, a chapel was necessary. Before 1620, the chapel was rebuilt and enlarged by the non‐Catholic churches to such degree that it became a competitor to the main cathedral of Prague — St. Vitus.
Since its early reconstruction it has undergone numerous renovations. Recent reconstruction has added modern amenities such as floor heating which allows all‐year services and concerts in the church. The church is a home to the Prague Symphony Orchestra which uses the space for its chamber music projects. Especially the series dedicated to the authentic interpretation of baroque music is highly acclaimed by both critics and the public.
Church of St. Simon and Jude (Kostel sv. Šimona a Judy), Dusni il., Prague 1, 110 00 Praha 1 Prague, Czech Republic, Google Maps