Prague Classical Orchestra: Strauss, Mozart, Dvořák & Opera with Ballet
About the Event
With a program featuring the great The Magic Flute, Rusalka and Radetzky March, op. 228 by Mozart, Dvořák, Strauss and Strauss, this classical music concert at Prague's beloved Municipal House Obecní dum is sure to set you to return for more.
Municipal House (Obecní dum)
The Municipal House is a popular Prague attraction and one of the most beautiful buildings in the Old Town, situated at Republic Square not far from the Powder Gate. In the Middle Ages the site housed the palace of the King of Bohemia,and was later used as a college, archbishop´s residence, and a military academy. The structure was eventually torn down, and in 1912 the new Municipal House was erected in the Art Nouveau style. Since opening, the Municipal House has been a glamorous location for festive balls, concerts, exhibitions and important meetings, including the declaration of Czechoslovak Independence in 1918.
Today the Municipal House is used primarily as a venue for classical concerts in Prague. Its main hall is named after famous Czech composer Bedrich Smetana, and serves as one of the principal stages for the Prague Spring International Music Festival. The hall can accommodate up to 1200 people and has unique acoustics. The architectural highlight of the Smetana Hall is a glass dome decorated with steel grids and stained glass, which is illuminated when darkness falls. A place of pilgrimage for many of the worlds greatest organists, the real jewel of the Municipal House is the great organ, its almost 5000 pipes crowned with Smetana´s portrait.
- Dvořák, Antonín – Moje matka mě naučila
- Dvořák, Antonín – Humoreska
- Dvořák, Antonín – Rusalka – Polonaise from Rusalka
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Arie of Constance – únos od Seraglio
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Allegro in F Major
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Předehra – Kouzelná flétna
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – The Magic Flute – The Magic Flute: Aria of the Queen of the Night
- Strauss, Johann (Son) – Unter Donner Und Blitz – Hrom a blesky
- Strauss, Johann – Emperor Waltz
- Strauss, Johann – Mein Herr Marquis
- Strauss, Johann – Pizzicato — Polka
- Strauss, Johann – Radetzky March, op. 228