About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear the mellifluous sounds of classical music by Verdi, Bizet, Offenbach, Puccini, Rossini, Donizetti, Bellini, Mascagni, Leoncavallo and Calì at Catania's treasured and world‐renowned Chiesa della Badia di Sant’Agata.
The Catania Chamber Orchestra specialises in the revival of the Italian opera tradition. Formed by orchestral professors who graduated from the most prestigious Sicilian conservatories and by the most promising young people from Catania who have distinguished themselves in the main national and international opera and symphonic prizes, the Catania Chamber Orchestra proposes an interesting cycle of opera concerts for small orchestral ensemble and voices in this 2022 Musical Season.
The concerts take their inspiration from the works of Catania's leading composer, Vincenzo Bellini, and then transport the audience into the context of the opera production of the late 19th and early 20th century in which the Catania composer operated. From Mascagni to Verdi, from Rossini to Puccini via Donizetti, Bizet, etc., in an unforgettable journey through opera.
The concerts will be hosted in the prestigious and monumental Church of the Badia di Sant'Agata, erected next to the Cathedral where Maestro Bellini rests. The Badia di Sant'Agata, in addition to its perfectly preserved precious interiors, is distinguished by a panoramic terrace accessed by an internal lift and from which one can enjoy a unique panorama of the marvellous city of Catania.
- Bellini, Vincenzo – “Norma”, Sinfonia
- Bellini, Vincenzo – Ma rendi pur contento
- Rossini, Gioachino – “Il Barbiere di Siviglia”, Una voce poco fa
- Verdi, Giuseppe – “Nabucco”, Và pensiero
- Offenbach, Jacques – “I Racconti di Hoffmann”, Barcarola
- Bellini, Vincenzo – “Norma”, Casta Diva
- Rossini, Gioachino – “Il Barbiere di Siviglia”, Se il mio nome
- Verdi, Giuseppe – “La Traviata”, Libiamo nei lieti calici
- Bizet, Georges – “Carmen”, Entr’acte
- Leoncavallo, Ruggero – “Romanza”, Mattinata
- Bellini, Vincenzo – Vaga luna che inargenti
- Donizetti, Gaetano – “Elisir D’Amore”, Una furtiva lagrima
- Mascagni, Pietro – “Cavalleria Rusticana”, Intermezzo
- Puccini, Giacomo – “La Bohème”, Valzer di Musetta
- Bellini, Vincenzo – “La Sonnambula”, Prendi, l’anel ti dono
|Orchestra:||Catania Chamber Orchestra|