About the Event
A lovely way to celebrate the New Year in Florence.
The program features arias ana duet from 'La Traviata', 'La Bohème', 'Tosca', 'The Marriage of Figaro', and 'The Barber of Seville' performed by professional singers accompanied at the piano by Maestro David Boldrini. The evening is set in the heart of Florence in the beautiful Church of St. Monaca.
09.30 pm: Admission time
10.00 pm: The best arias and duets from: La Traviata, La Bohème, Nozze di Figaro, Don Giovanni, Barbiere di Siviglia, italian songs
12.00 pm: Midnight toast and Encore
12.30 pm: End
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Arias and Duets from “The Mariage of Figaro”
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Don Giovanni – Duet from 'Don Giovanni'
- Giacomo Puccini – Tosca – Arias from "Tosca"
- Giacomo Puccini – La Bohème – Arias from: "La Bohème"
- Gioachino Rossini – The Barber of Seville (Rossini) – Arias from 'Il barbiere di Siviglia'
- Giuseppe Verdi – Arias and duet from La Traviata
- Diverse – Arias and duets from Italian Songs
Chiesa di Santa Monaca
The church of Santa Monaca is located in Florence, in the district of Oltrarno. It was donated by Ubertino de' Bardi to the monastery of the Augustinians in 1442, in gratitude for the prayers of the Mother Superior, which he credited for granting him children by his wife. The church later deconsecrated, and became home to a variety of cultural events such as concerts, exhibitions and meetings. The interior decoration of the church includes a Corinthian altar, wooden choir, organ and a frescoed vault created by Cosimo Ulivelli, representing the glory of San Martino. These works of art date to the 17th and 18th centuries.
5.0 of 5
Spettacolare evento, bravissimi i cantanti