Mozart Requiem in Vienna
Mozart Requiem in Vienna
Mozart's Requiem in Vienna: Charles’s Church
Karlskirche, Vienna - Main Hall
Experts since 2002
60.000+ yearly performances worldwide
More than 500 prestigious venues
Exclusive offers and pre-sales
Fast & Secure Booking
- John C, USA, September 15 2019
- Incredible performance of the Mozart Requiem at Karlskirche, Vienna. By reserving seats we got front row center. Classictic made it easy.
- Tony H, USA, December 30 2018
- Wonderful rendition of Mozart’s Requiem and the acoustics were amazing. Also, the blankets were a wonderful touch since it did get rather cold in the winter evening. Absolutely lovely evening. :)
- Michael P, Canada, December 29 2018
- This was an absolutely wonderful evening. A superb performance of a masterpiece in a stunningly beautiful church. And best of all. When we checked in our e ticket they gave us a front row seat! And a blanket. Thank you Classic Tic.
- Piotr B, Poland, November 05 2018
- v.professional, high quality. Some disturbances with entering to the church- nowbody wants to wait in a line.
- Genoveva M, Spain, October 30 2018
- show more
About the Event
Let the brilliance and beauty of Mozart's final opus wash over you in Vienna’s exquisite Baroque monument, the St. Charles’s Church (Karlskirche). Konstantin Hiller conducts the Salzburg Concert Society and Orchestra 1756 in a performance of Mozart's Requiem.
Mozart’s musical masterpiece expresses the emotional phases of upheaval, fear, hope and salvation - all emotions which besieged Mozart as he composed the Requiem during the last weeks of his life. With over 40 musicians on stage, including the Orchestra 1756 on historical instruments typical of Mozart's era, you can look forward to an extraordinary and moving concert experience.
Vienna's Karlskirche is only a few hundred metres away from Mozart's death place and is one of the most impressive and important buildings in Vienna. There certainly is no more authentic, profound and 'real' Mozart experience in Vienna.
Seating in Category 1 is numbered. Visitors will receive their reserved seat tickets when they present their e-Ticket at the box office.
Seating in categories 2 and 3 are unnumbered: first come, first served.
Approximate duration (min.): 60
Duration: approx. 60 minutes
The places in the first category are numbered.
Free choice of seats in the 2nd and 3rd category.
You will receive your seat tickets by presenting your Classictic E-ticket at the box office.
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus Requiem in D minor, K. 626
Cast / Production
Direction: Konstantin Hiller, Martin-Jacques Garand, Martin Zeller
Soloists of the Salzburger Konzertgesellschaft
Choir Cantus XVII
Orchester 1756 with historical instruments
- Orchester 1756 (Ensemble) The Baroque Orchestra1756 was founded in 2006 with the goal of performing baroque music on original 18th century instruments.