About the Event
Renowned British concert pianist, Warren Mailley‐Smith, performs a selection of sensational classical and romantic works for solo piano. Treat yourself and your loved ones to an evening of stunning music by candlelight for an evening to remember.
In 2016 Warren Mailley‐Smith became the first British pianist to perform Chopin's complete works for solo piano from memory in a series of 11 recitals at St John's Smith Square. Hailed by the critics as an 'epic achievement', Mailley‐Smith will repeat the series at several venues in 2022.
He has given acclaimed solo recitals at The Wigmore Hall, Carnegie Hall and has performed for the British Royal Family on numerous occasions. One of the busiest concert pianists of his generation and gave over 100 solo performances in 2021.
- Beethoven, Ludwig van – Piano Sonata No. 14 in C‐sharp minor, op. 27, No. 2, “Moonlight”
- Chopin, Frederic – Nocturne in C sharp min — Posthum.
- Chopin, Frederic – Fantasy– Impromptu C‐sharp minor, op. 66
- Chopin, Frederic – Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op 23
- Liszt, Franz – Hugarian Rhapsody No 2
- Beethoven, Ludwig van – Sonata in F minor, Op 57 (‘Appassionata Sonata’)
- Liszt, Franz – La Campanella
- Debussy, Claude – Clair de lune ( „Moonlight“ )
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei Vasilievich – Prelude in C sharp minor 3
- Gershwin, George – Rhapsody in Blue