About the Event
Experience an unforgettable piano recital at the mesmerizing Chichester Cathedral, where you can indulge yourself and your loved ones in an exquisite evening of music. Warren Mailley‐Smith, a renowned British concert pianist, will grace the stage with a remarkable selection of classical and romantic piano works, leaving a lasting impression on all who attend.
In 2016, Warren Mailley‐Smith achieved a groundbreaking feat as the first British pianist to perform Chopin's complete works for solo piano from memory. This extraordinary accomplishment, hailed as an "epic achievement" by critics, led to a series of 11 recitals at St John's Smith Square. Building on this success, Mailley‐Smith is scheduled to repeat the series at various venues in 2023‐4, showcasing his unrivaled talent.
Having captivated audiences at esteemed venues like The Wigmore Hall and Carnegie Hall, Mailley‐Smith has also had the privilege of performing for the British Royal Family on numerous occasions. His exceptional skill and artistry have made him one of the busiest concert pianists of his generation, with over 100 solo performances in the past year alone.
Prepare yourself for an enchanting evening filled with the harmonious melodies of timeless piano classics. This extraordinary recital promises to create memories that will live on in your heart and soul. Don't miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to witness Warren Mailley‐Smith's awe‐inspiring talent in the awe‐inspiring setting of Chichester Cathedral.
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Sonata in C sharp minor, (‘Moonlight Sonata)
- Frederic Chopin – Nocturne in C sharp min — Posthum.
- Frederic Chopin – Fantasy Impromptu Op 66
- Frederic Chopin – Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op 23
- Franz Liszt – Hungarian Rhapsody No 2
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Sonata in C minor Op 13 (‘Pathetique Sonata’)
- Franz Liszt – Un Sospiro S.144‐3
- Claude Debussy – Clair de lune ( „Moonlight“ )
- Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff – Prelude in C sharp minor
- George Gershwin – Rhapsody in Blue