Iván Fischer, © Photo: Marco Borggreve
Budapest Festival Orchestra & Iván Fischer
Mahler: Budapest Festival Orchestra & Ivan Fischer
Palace of Arts, Budapest - Bela Bartok National Concert Hall
1M Happy Customers
Instant Official Ticket
Fast & Secure Booking
About the Event
Be part of the excitement as the great Ivan Fischer, one of Hungary's most important musical ambassadors, conducts the impressive Budapest Festival Orchestra in Mahler's magnificent Fifth Symphony and his Kindertotenlieder.
In 1901 following a serious illness, Gustav Mahler began to compose music with surprising speed. Despite his desires to create and to live, the majority of the pieces he composed in this period, including the two works on the programme this evening, explore the topic of death.
- Mahler, Gustav Symphony No. 5
- Mahler, Gustav Kindertotenlieder (Songs on the Death of Children)
- Budapest Festival Orchestra (Orchestra)
- Fischer, Ivan (Conductor) Ivan Fischer is one of the world's most sought-after conductors. Chief Conductor of the Konzerthausorchester Berlin since the 2012/13 season, he was the founder of the Budapest Festival Orchestra in 1983, and he enjoys a close partnership with the Vienna State Opera. Ivan Fischer has won numerous awards, and he has performed in practically every major concert house in the world.
- Romberger, Gerhild (Alto)