About the Event
The Bochumer Symphoniker and outstanding soloists will perform works by Bizet, Rota, Tchaikovsky and others under the baton of Tung‐Chieh Chuang in the prestigious Concertgebouw.
This summer of music will be brought to a compelling close by the Bochumer Sinfoniker. The energetic young conductor Tong‐Chieh Chuang chooses passionate works from Tchaikovsky to Nino Rota. Filmic and warm‐blooded, with leading roles for bassoonist Bram van Sambeek and double bassist Rick Stotijn.
- Glinka, Mikhail Ivanovich – Ouverture Ruslan e Ludmilla
- Rota, Nino – Allegro maestoso (from 'Divertimento concertante')
- Rota, Nino – Tema con variazioni (from 'Concert for bassoon and orchestra')
- Bizet, Georges – Suite No. 1 from 'Carmen'
- Mascagni, Pietro – Cavalleria Rusticana – Intermezzo sinfonico, from the opera Cavalleria Rusticana
- Rota, Nino – Main Theme (from 'Godfather') (arr. M. Van Prooijen)
- Berlioz, Hector – Le carnaval romain, ouverture catactéristique, H 95, op. 9
- Bottesini, Giovanni – Duet for bassoon, double bass and orchestra
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich – The Nutcracker – The Nutcracker — Waltz of the flowers
|Conductor:|| Chuang, Tung‐Chieh |
Taiwanese‐born conductor Tung‐Chieh Chuang won the international Malko competition in Copenhagen in 2015. Since then he has been working with international orchestras and ensembles like the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra, Bamberger Symphoniker, and the 12 Cellists of the Berlin Philharmonic.
|Bassoon:||van Sambeek, Bram|
|Double bass:||Stotijn, Rick|