Javier Perianes at Pierre Boulez Saal
About the Event
For an extraordinary evening of piano classics, visit the impressive Pierre Boulez Saal in Berlin to hear the masterpieces of Debussy, de Falla, Granados and Albéniz.
Pierre Boulez Saal
The Pierre Boulez Hall is the hall of the Barenboim‐Said Academy. Designed by Frank O. Geary, the hall opened in March 2017 in Berlin, Germany. The hall was named in tribute to French conductor and composer Pierre Boulez, a name suggested by the Argentinian‐Israeli pianist and conductor Daniel Barenboim. Despite being essentially a chamber venue, the structure has a cuboid shape that can accommodate medium‐sized orchestras, and up to 682 visitors. Architect and musicians alike seek to offer a 360 degree perspective on music, combining styles, cultures and viewpoints in the space.
- de Falla, Manuel – Homenaje “Pour le tombeau de C. Debussy”
- Debussy, Claude – Soirée dans Grenade (aus Estampes)
- Debussy, Claude – La puerta del vino (aus Préludes, Buch II)
- Debussy, Claude – La sérénade interrompue (aus Préludes, Buch I)
- Albéniz, Isaac – El Albaicín (aus Iberia, Heft III)
- de Falla, Manuel – Fantasía baética
- Granados, Enrique – Goyescas op. 11