About the Event
Enjoy Vivaldi's Four Seasons in Venice performed in 18th century Venetian costumes!
I Musici Veneziani will perform the famous and exciting 'The Four Seasons' by Antonio Vivaldi: four concerts for violin and strings representing the scenes of nature in music, each inspired by each season of the year. The program is also enriched by three other important concerts for strings.
Established in 1996 with the aim of recreating the artistic tradition of the Republica Serenissima’s most splendid period, the I Musici Veneziani Orchestra, is formed of some of the most skillful Venetian musicians and singers.
It is still the only classical orchestra in the world where the musicians wear baroque style dresses created from original designs.
- Vivaldi, Antonio – Symphony "Il Coro delle Muse" RV 149
- Pachelbel, Johann – Canon
- Vivaldi, Antonio – Concerto per archi e cembalo in Sol minore F XI n°17
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons > 'Spring' from The Four Seasons, op. 8, no. 1
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons > 'Summer' from The Four Seasons, op. 8 no. 2
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons > 'Autumn', from The Four Seasons, op. 8 no. 3
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons > 'Winter', from The Four Seasons, op. 8 no. 4
5.0 of 5
My wife, our two children and I enjoyed this beautiful city ( Venice) , coming from California . A Fantastic performance and a great cultural exposure for our teen age children !
Great music played in stunning surroundings by amazing musicians.
The whole ensemble was excellent. Would return if I get a chance to visit the city, not to be missed.
2nd visit and loved the performance again. The performers play with passion, all you can ask
Performance superb — especially the virtuoso violinist performing The Four Seasons in the second half. But the entry to the concert was a total shambles. Customers left standing in a line in the downstairs hall I for almost an hour while incompetent period‐costumed staff were in Venetian chaos, resulting in the concert starting 15 minutes late. Suggest you hire professional front‐of‐house staff and entry systems for future performances.
Wonderful music, well played in ancient Venetian surroundings. Fabulous night.