About the Event
Welcome the New Year with the ensemble I Musici Veneziani and celebrate with music by Mozart, Strauss, Pergolesi, Verdi and others.
The accomplished musicians of I Musici Veneziani greet the new year with an exceptional opera performance. Dressed in 18th century Venetian costumes, the expanded ensemble (14 musicians) is joined by soprano Vittoria Boldrin, the tenor Massimo Cagnin, and baritone Nico Mamone.
The experienced orchestra musicians of I Musici Veneziani perform with well‐known opera singers from all around the world.
Established in 1996 with the aim of recreating the artistic tradition of the Republica Serenissima’s most splendid period, the I Musici Veneziani Orchestra, is formed of some of the most skillful Venetian musicians and singers.
It is still the only classical orchestra in the world where the musicians wear baroque style dresses created from original designs.
Please note that the venue of the concert is only accessible by a staircase of 48 steps.
- Cimarosa, Domenico – Sinfonia in re magg. per Orchestra
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – The Marriage of Figaro – 'Non più andrai, farfallone amoroso', from The Marriage of Figaro
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – The Marriage of Figaro – 'Voi che sapete' from The Marriage of Figaro
- Verdi, Giuseppe – Rigoletto – 'Questa o quella…', from Rigoletto
- Strauss, Johann – Moulinet — Polka Op.57
- Waldteufel, Emile – “Walzer dei pattinatori”
- Pergolesi, Giovanni Battista – 'Stizzoso mio stizzoso', 'Lo conosco a quegli occhietti' (La Serva Padrona)
- Galuppi, Baldassare – Sinfonia 'La Diavolezza' per Orchestra
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Don Giovanni – 'Là ci darem la mano', from Don Giovanni
- Strauss, Josef – Pizzicato Polka
- Lehár, Franz – dal 'Paese del sorriso' : 'Tu che m'hai preso il cor' aria per Tenore
- Strauss, Johann – Damen – Souvenir – Polka Op.236
- Strauss, Johann – Radetzky March, op. 228
- Lehár, Franz – “La Vedova allegra” “Tace il labbro” duetto per Soprano e Tenore
- Verdi, Giuseppe – La Traviata – 'Libiamo ne' lieti calici', from La Traviata
I Musici Veneziani
The well‐known orchestra I Musici Veneziani is comprised of virtuosic musicians. The orchestra is joined in concert by operatic soloists from all over the world. The musicians perform in typical 18th century Venetian costume, enhancing the concert's festive atmosphere.
4.5 of 5
Michael P, Canada
This is more glam‐pop show‐biz and it’s musicality inferior to other splendid concerts we’ve seen in Vienna and Venice. The tenor soloist rescued a flat first half with his bounce and humour at the beginning of the second. It’s a light hearted evening of light hearted entertainment and as such quite pleasant.
Hui Min C, USA
We got there 45 minutes before the event started and there was already a line; we ended up sitting in the 5th row; so get there early to get the best seats.
Trevor S, United Kingdom
An excellent evening of baroque and opera on New Years Eve!