About the Event
With a program featuring the great Don Giovanni, The Four Seasons, La Traviata and Cavalleria Rusticana by Mozart, Dvořák, Bach, Vivaldi, Verdi and Mascagni, this classical music concert at Prague's beloved Klementinum is sure to set you to return for more.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Perhaps the most important composer of all time, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian composer of the late 18th century. Born in 1756 in Salzburg, he showed prodigious musical talent from childhood. Beginning at five years of age, he composed more than 600 works, including concertos, symphonies, religious works and operas before his premature death at the age of 35. Hi influence over successive generations cannot be overestated — Ludwig van Beethoven wrote of Mozart 'posterity will not see such a talent again in 100 years”. Despite the immense success of his compositions, and the acclaim he received across Europe, Mozart achieved little financial security and rwas buried in an unmarked grave in Vienna's St Marx Cemetery.
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Don Giovanni > Don Giovanni K.527 (selections)
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons > The Four Seasons (excerpts)
- Bach, Johann Sebastian – Präludium A Fuga d minor
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Fantasia in F minor KV 594
- Dvořák, Antonín – Biblical Songs (selection)
- Verdi, Giuseppe – La Traviata > La Traviata / Fantasia
- Mascagni, Pietro – Cavalleria Rusticana > Cavalleria Rusticana, Intermezzo