About the Event
In Rome's famous and prestigious Auditorium Parco della Musica, Evgeny Kissin performs music by Bach, Mozart, Debussy and Rachmaninov.
- Bach, Johann Sebastian – Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, BWV 903
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Piano Sonata No. 9 in D major, K. 311
- Debussy, Claude – Estampes
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei Vasilievich – Lilacs
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei Vasilievich – Preludes op.32 n.8, n.10
- Rachmaninoff, Sergei Vasilievich – 8 Études‐Tableaux op. 33
|Piano:|| Kissin, Evgeny |
Evgeny Kissin was born in Moscow in 1971, and began to play the piano by ear and improvise pieces by the age of two. With six years, he entered a special school for gifted children, the Moscow Gnessin School of Music, where he studied with Anna Pavlovna Kantor, who has remained his only teacher. At the age of ten, Mr. Kissin made his concerto debut playing Mozart’s Piano Concerto K. 466 and gave his first solo recital in Moscow one year later. He came to international attention in March 1984 when, at the age of twelve, he performed Chopin’s Piano Concertos 1 and 2 in the Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatory with the Moscow State Philharmonic. He has been thrilling audiences ever since.