Concerts of Imperial Chamber Orchestra of Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik, Church of Our Lady of the Rosary (of the Dominican Monastery)
About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear the mellifluous sounds of chamber music by Mozart, Brahms, Gershwin, Händel, Bach, Vivaldi, Pachelbel, Piazzolla, Bizet, Rossini, Webber, Morricone, Williams, Gardel and Djawadi at 2 of Dubrovnik's treasured churches.
The most legendary pieces of film music will also be presented, including works from films shot in Dubrovnik like Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Game of Thrones.
The concert is a perfect combination of different musical genres: tango, jazz, opera, classical and film music.
The program will be presented by trio consisting of piano, violin and cello.
The stunning space of these churches, which combines two architectural styles: Gothic and Renaissance, and their unique acoustics create an extraordinary concert atmosphere. The limited number of seats makes the concerts intimate and very exclusive. Guests are only a few meters away from the musicians and feel like they are at a private concert.
The concert is held at two different locations depending on the day of the week:
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, it takes place in the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, which is also known as the Rosary Church of the Dominican Monastery.
On Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, it is held in the charming 16th century Church of St. Salvation, located in the historic district of Dubrovnik.
- Pachelbel, Johann – Canon in D Major
- Vivaldi, Antonio – The Four Seasons (selected parts)
- Williams, John – „Star Wars: The Last Jedi” movie theme
- Bach, Johann Sebastian – Air on the G String
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Eine Kleine Nachtmusik KV 525
- Rossini, Gioachino – "William Tell" Overture
- Webber, Andrew Lloyd – Theme Song from 'The Phantom of the Opera'
- Piazzolla, Astor – Libertango
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Divertimento in D Major
- Morricone, Ennio – Gabriel’s Oboe From The Movie „Mission”
- Djawadi, Ramin – „Game of Thrones” movie theme
- Bizet, Georges – Air de Carmen « Habanera »in Carmen
- Gershwin, George – Summertime
- Piazzolla, Astor – Oblivion
- Gardel, Carlos – Por una cabeza
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Ombra Mai Fu From The Opera „Xerxes”
- Brahms, Johannes – Hungarian Dance No. 5
Church of Our Lady of the Rosary (of the Dominican Monastery), ul. Pred Dvorom, Dubrovnik, Croatia — Google Maps