About the Event
Famous soprano Miah Persson and the Concertgebouworkest will perform an exquisite program under the baton of Iván Fischer in the prestigious Concertgebouw.
- Dvořák, Antonín – Slavonic Dances, op. 72 no. 1 in B Major
- Bartók, Béla – Intermezzo interrotto: Allegretto (from 'Concerto for Orchestra', Sz. 116)
- Röntgen, Julius – Con moto e con delicatezza (from 'Symphonietta humoristica')
- Strauss, Richard – Ich wollt' ein Sträusslein binden, op. 68/2
- Doppler, Franz – Humoreske (from 'Symphony No. 7' 'Zuiderzee')
- Debussy, Claude – Danse profane, nr. 2 (from 'Danse sacrée et danse profane', L 103)
- Diepenbrock, Alphons – Clair de lune (from 'Cinq mélodies')
- Franck, César – Deel 1: Le Jardin d'Éros, nr. 3 (from 'Psyché')
- Mahler, Gustav – Blumine
- Bruckner, Anton – Scherzo: Presto (from 'Symphony in d)
- Zweers, Bernard – deel 2 (from 'Gijsbrecht van Aemstel suite')
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich – Trepak (Russian Dance), nr. 5 (from 'The Nutcracker', op. 71)
- Wagenaar, Johan – Sinfonietta
- Reger, Max – Maria Wiegenlied, op. 76/52
- Ravel, Maurice – Laideronnette, Impératrice des Pagodes (from 'Ma mère l'oye, suite')
- Pijper, Willem – Molto tranquillo, nr. 3 (from 'Zes symfonische epigrammen')
- Pijper, Willem – Allegro assai, nr. 4 (from 'Zes symfonische epigrammen')
- Stravinsky, Igor Fyodorovich – Scherzo à la russe
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (Orchestra) The 'Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra' is a symphony orchestra of international renown, whose character has been shaped by several generations of musicians, longstanding collaboration with each of the six chief conductors, and the unique acoustic properties of the Concertgebouw’s main hall.
The Orchestra has gained its unique international position with its ‘velvet’ strings, ‘golden’ brass and the exceptional and personal timbre of the woodwinds. The musicians are the guardians of the playing culture that gives the Orchestra its unique sound and flexibility. The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra consists of 120 virtuosos who perform together at the highest level.
During the fifty years of Willem Mengelberg’s reign, a wide variety of composers such as Richard Strauss, Gustav Mahler, Claude Debussy and Igor Stravinsky conducted the Concertgebouw Orchestra several times. Celebrities such as Béla Bartók, Sergey Rachmaninoff and Sergey Prokofiev performed their own works as soloists. This crucial bond with contemporary composers was continued with Bruno Maderna, Peter Schat, Luciano Berio, Hans Werner Henze, Luigi Nono and John Adams, and is still RCO policy.
Fischer, Ivan (Conductor) Ivan Fischer is one of the world's most sought‐after conductors. Chief Conductor of the Konzerthausorchester Berlin since the 2012/13 season, he was the founder of the Budapest Festival Orchestra in 1983, and he enjoys a close partnership with the Vienna State Opera. Ivan Fischer has won numerous awards, and he has performed in practically every major concert house in the world.
Persson, Miah (Soprano)
More Events Around this Time
Herreweghe & Collegium Vocale Gent: Bach's Mass in B minor
Amsterdam, Concertgebouw1 h 45 min
Jaap van Zweden conducts Wagner's Götterdämmerung
Amsterdam, Concertgebouw7 h 10 min
Bolshoi Orchestra, Sokhiev, Rachlin: Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov
Amsterdam, Concertgebouw2 h 20 min
Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin & RIAS Kammerchor: Handel's Messiah
Amsterdam, Concertgebouw2 h 20 min
Concertgebouworkest, Gergiev, Jansen: Bruckner, Shostakovich
+ more dates2 h 20 min