About the Event
Relive the beautiful atmosphere of the gardens of Potsdam Palace with a classical concert.
The 102.5 hectare New Garden is located in the north of Potsdam on the Jungfernsee. Across the water exist creative connections to the gardens of Sacrow, Peacock Island, Glienicke and Babelsberg, thus creating a central role in the garden landscape. The designer was the Wörlitz gardener Johann August Eyserbeck which guaranteed the implementation of Friedrich Wilhelm's ideal of English gardens.
In 1816 Peter Joseph Lenné, on behalf of the heir to the throne, reworked the overgrown and unfashionable Garden. While maintaining many areas and removing dense woods, the new garden got large views and meadow rooms, more pleasant paths and above all the view connections to the neighbouring gardens Despite smaller
The basic structure planned by Lenné has still been preserved.
- Rossini / Carulli – Ouvertüren zu Die diebische Elster, Der Prüfstein der Liebe, Der Barbier von Sevilla
- Giuliani, Mauro – Duet for Flute and Guitar E‐minor Op. 25
- Sarasate, Pablo – Zigeunerweisen op. 20
- Paganini, Nicolò – Cantabile für Violine und Gitarre
- Albéniz, Isaac – Tango op. 165
|Soloist Violin:||Böttcher, Marianne|