About the Event
Celebrate the Christmas season with the chamber ensemble of the Dvořák Symphony Orchestra Prague (20‐23 musicians) in Prague's magnificent Municipial House. Famous works by Vivaldi and Corelli can be heard alongside the most beautiful classical Christmas songs.
The beautiful scenery of the Smetana Hall in the heart of Prague provides an unforgettable concert experience with an atmospheric ambience. Enjoy favorite and familiar compositions from the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic greats.
The Municipal House is a popular Prague attraction and one of the most beautiful buildings in the Old Town situated at the Republic Square not far from the Powder Tower. In 1912 the new Municipal House was erected in the Art Nouveau style.
- Corelli, Arcangelo – Christmas Pastorale
- John Francis Wade – Adestes Fideles
- Adam, Adolphe – Oh, Holy Night
- Gruber, Franz Xavier – Silent Night
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Ave Verum Corpus K. 618
- Vivaldi, Antonio – Four Seasons(Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
- Lord Pierpont, James – Jingle Bells
|Ensemble:|| Chamber Ensemble of Dvořák Symphony Orchestra |
The Dvořák Symphony Orchestra includes performers from Prague's leading ensembles. The Dvořák Symphony Orchestra members often perform in smaller chamber ensembles, depending upon the demands of the repertoire.