About the Event
Hear the most famous opera arias and duets as well as romantic piano classics plus a sampling of famous Christmas songs in the St. Andrew's Church of Scotland, Via Venti Settembre 7, close to Quirinale Palace and the famous Via delle Quattro Fontane.
Internationally acclaimed musicians perform opera favorites like 'La donna è mobile' from Verdi's Rigoletto and 'Vissi d'arte' from Puccini's Tosca or ‘Sempre libera’ from Verdi’s Traviata. Also on the program are beloved Neapolitan songs and piano classics like Chopin's 'Heroic' Polonaise.
The Concert will finish with some of the most famous Christmas songs.
After the concert, you have the opportunity to come together with the artists and enjoy some Italian Panettone and Prosecco.
Free entry for all children under 12 with valid ID.
- Internationally‐acclaimed musicians will guide your experience of the music with commentary and anecdotes in English.
- Immediately after the impressive concert, you will have the opportunity to meet the artists drinking Prosecco in the pleasant setting of an aperitivo, a small reception to round off your evening in a quintessentially Italian way.
The free Aperitivo after the concert is a characteristic of RomeOperaConcerts to increase the sense of a 'private event' through the opportunity to meet the artists and to know what they are trying to do with their performances. The RomeOperaConcerts free Christmas Aperitivo is very simple: some traditional and typical Italian Christmas sweets, such as Panettone and Pandoro, and some good sparkling wine (Spumante or Prosecco). The secret ingredient is friendship: to put sincere enthusiasm in making music and meeting the audience.
- Join pianist Giovanni Velluti and Tenor Alessandro Fantini and their team of artists.
The Opera Greatest Hits concert suits everybody :
- People who are not familiar with Opera but want to approach it
- Kids and youngs. Thanks to a program which is fluent, catchy and various and for the English explainations and anecdotes.
- Connoisseurs and music lovers, thanks to the high quality of the performers.
- The concert is located just meters away from the Quirinale Palace and the famous Via delle Quattro Fontane, in a breathtaking scenery.
- In the warm and intimate hall in the St. Andrew's Church of Scotland, Via Venti Settembre 7 you’ll be just feet from the musicians, feeling like in a privat concert.
- There is no dress code. Doors open at 7:00 pm, and the concert commences at 7:30 pm, without intermissions.