About the Event
Celebrate the Christmas season in Prague's magnificent Church St. Martin in the Wall. Famous works by Schubert, Bach, Händel and others can be heard alongside the most beautiful Czech and international Christmas carols.
The beautifully preserved St. Martin in the Wall Church is located in the Old Town of Prague. It was built in the Romanesque style from 1178‐1187 and was dedicated to St. Martin. During the 13th century the city walls were built, the church became a part of the Old Town and the south wall of the church backed onto the Old Town Wall, thus naming the church St. Martin in the Wall. Aside from Sunday worship, the church offers classical concerts and with its excellent acoustiscs and historic setting offers a unique experience for all audiences.
- Bach, Johann Sebastian – Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Ryba, Jakub Jan – Czech Christmas Song
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Sonata in D major
- Schubert, Franz – Mille Cherubini in Coro
- Schubert, Franz – Ave Maria by Schubert
- Albinoni, Tomaso Giovanni – Adagio
- Seger, Josef Ferdinand Norbert – Pastorela
- Dvořák, Antonín – Biblical Songs No. 4, No. 10
- Dvořák, Antonín – Humoresques, Op. 101
- -not set- – Christmas Carols and Songs
- -not set- – Czech Christmas Songs