About the Event
Embark on a unique musical and art historical journey in a fascinating location: the Capuchin Crypt in Rome.
Decorated with the bones of 4000 friars who died in the last centuries, the Crypt offers a mysterious and inspiring atmosphere.
The musical program features Gregorian chant, as well as works of Roman Renaissance polyphony. The composers of the musical program are the Sistine Chapel Masters: Palestrina, Victoria, Carissimi, Pitoni, and Agazzari.
* Entrance fee to the Museum
* Guided tour by an art historian of the Capuchins museum and Crypt
* Exclusive entrance in the Church of S Maria Immacolata
* Concert 'A Cappella' in the specially reserved Church
* Ensemble soprano, contralto, tenore, basso
* Introduction in English to the musical program
- -not set- – Gregorian chant
- Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina – Selected works
- Tomás Luis Victoria – Selected Works
4.5 of 5
Jed D, USA
The music was splendid, in a beautiful setting. And the crypts are something to see.
Ben K, United Kingdom
Fantastic performance in a spectacular setting. The music was very moving, and it was well worth the ticket price!
Martin S, Netherlands
A nice tour in the museum and the utterly strange capuchin crypt. The four person group of singers was good but not top. Especially the soprano who sang too loud and often a little too high.
Don G, USA
The entire experience was unique,most interesting and very memorable.
robert W, Österreich
Wir sind häufige Konzertbesucher und für uns war dieser Event ausgezeichnet besetzt. Die Stimmen waren sehr gut und daher konnten vom einstimmigen gregorianischen Choral bis zur Mehrstimmigkeit ins 16. Jahrhundert ein großer Bogen kompetent wiedergegeben werden. Also nur weiterzuempfehlen!