About the Event
Biljana Urban, a renowned pianist, hails from a family deeply rooted in classical music. With Czech and Serbian heritage, she possesses both Dutch and Croatian citizenship in addition to her extensive residency in France. Alongside her international concert performances, teaching, and master classes, Urban has served as an artist‐in‐residence at California State University at Fresno. Currently, she is collaborating with the Exilarte Center at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna.
Urban's illustrious career boasts numerous concerts across various countries. A passionate advocate of her grandfather Jan Urban's music, a Czech composer and conductor who graduated from the Prague Conservatory in 1897, she also champions the music of Dora Pejačević. Notably, Urban's recordings of Florent Schmitt's piano works have received immense recognition and praise.
The Bösendorfer Series is a series of intimate piano recitals in which nine top pianists shine behind our Bösendorfer Imperial Grand grand piano. The Bösendorfer Series is made possible in part by Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Piano Sonata No. 31 in A‐flat major, op. 110
- Florent Schmitt – Ballade de la Neige, op. 6
- Dora Pejacevic – An Dich, op. 44 — Verwandlung, op. 37b (pianotranscriptie Biljana Urban)
- Claude Debussy – Cloches à travers les feuilles (Images, boek 2) — D'un Cahier d'Esquisses — Préludes: La fille aux cheveux de lin, La cathédrale engloutie, Minstrels, Ondine & Feux d'artifice