About the Event
In this highly‐anticipated concert, hear the sounds of classical music by Telemann, Fasch, Händel at Budapest's Liszt Academy.
It’s hard to imagine a season of the Festival Orchestra without a Baroque concert where, year after year, in addition to period instruments, the unforgettable experience is also guaranteed by the series of motions choreographed by Sigrid T’Hooft. As one of the greatest authorities in the field of Baroque gesture, she has enlivened the BFO’s historical performances with her expertise – through period costumes and authentic motions – since 2011. This time again, the artistic director of the program, including the prolific Telemann, the forgotten Fasch and the ever‐inspiring Handel, will be violinist Midori Seiler, who has been responsible for the BFO’s early music concerts for years.
- Telemann, Georg Philipp – Orchestral Suite In G Minor (“La Musette”), Twv 55:G1
- Fasch, Johann Friedrich – Symphony For Strings In G Major, Fwv M:G5
- Telemann, Georg Philipp – Concerto For Three Violins In F Major, Twv 53:F1
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Concerto Grosso In A Major, Op. 6, No. 11, Hwv 329
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Cantate Armida abbandonata HWV 105
|Soloist:|| Seiler, Midori |
|Orchestra:|| Budapest Festival Orchestra |