About the Event
Soprano Aylin Sezer solos in Ravel's Shéhérazade at Phion. Mezzo‐soprano Nai Barghouti revives the legendary Oum Khaltoum.
The Concertgebouw’s famous Main Hall is one of the best concert halls in the world, well‐known for its exceptional acoustics and special atmosphere. In the Main Hall, you will feel history. Here, Gustav Mahler conducted his own compositions, as did Richard Strauss and Igor Stravinsky. Sergei Rachmaninoff played his own piano concertos in the Main Hall. This is also where musicians such as Leonard Bernstein, Vladimir Horowitz and Yehudi Menuhin gave legendary performances. Right up to now, the Main Hall offers a stage to the world’s best orchestras and musicians.
- Debussy, Claude – Nuages: Modéré (from 'Nocturnes', L. 91)
- Debussy, Claude – Fêtes: Animé et très rythmé (from 'Nocturnes', L. 91)
- Wahab, Mohammed Abdel – Inta Omry Inta Omry (oorspronkelijk gezongen door Umm Kulthum)
- Wahab, Mohammed Abdel – Sakan Al‐Layl Sakan Al‐Layl (oorspronkelijk gezongen door Fairouz)
- Ravel, Maurice – Sheherazade