Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse
The Orchestre du Capitole de Toulouse was created at the beginning of the 19th century for the Théâtre du Capitole's operatic seasons and became established as a Symphonic Orchestra after 1945, conducted by André Cluytens and Georges Prêtre.
Michel Plasson's arrival in 1968 was a decisive step in the life of the orchestra: under his direction its symphonic vocation developed considerably, embarking on many great tours outside France and building up a large discography with Emi France. Within the framework of the music renewal plan launched by Marcel Landowski, the number of performers in the orchestra rose to 104 musicians and in 1980, the Minister of Culture awarded it the title of National Orchestra.
In 2005, the Russian conductor Tugan Sokhiev was appointed Musical Chief to the Orchestre National du Capitole.