L'Auditori Barcelona, Sala Pau Casals, © May/Zircus
Sala Oriol Martorell, © L'Auditori Barcelona
Sala Tete Montoliu, © L'Auditori Barcelona
An Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss at Auditori de Barcelona
Auditori de Barcelona, Barcelona - Sala Pau Casals
1M Happy Customers
Instant Official Ticket
Fast & Secure Booking
About the Event
In this highly-anticipated concert, hear the mellifluous sounds of classical music by Strauss and Liszt at Barcelona's treasured and world-renowned Auditori de Barcelona.
- Liszt, Franz Concerto for piano and orchestra No. 2 in A major
- Strauss, Richard Alpine Symphony, Op. 64
- Gergiev, Valery (Conductor) Valery Gergiev graduated from the Leningrad State Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatoire in symphony conducting under Professor Ilya Musin. At the age of twenty-three he won the Herbert von Karajan Conducting Competition in Berlin and, while still a student at the Conservatoire, was invited to join the Kirov Theatre (now the Mariinsky). At the age of thirty-five, Valery Gergiev was appointed Artistic Director of the Opera Company, and since 1996 he has been Artistic and General Director of the Mariinsky Theatre.
Since 2007 Valery Gergiev has been Principal Conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra and he also collaborates with the Wiener Philharmoniker, the orchestra of La Scala and the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra. Valery Gergiev, Artistic and General Director of the Mariinsky Theatre, is one of the world’s leading conductors and the recipient of numerous awards and prizes. One of the maestro’s most recent awards was the prize of Great Britain’s Royal Society of Music as Conductor of the Year (2009).
- Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra (Orchestra) The Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra or the Kirov Orchestra is located in the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg The orchestra was founded in the 18th century during the reign of Peter the Great, it was known before the revolution as the Russian Imperial Opera Orchestra. The orchestra is one of the oldest musical institutions in Russia.
The orchestra is one of the leading Symphony Orchestras in St. Petersburg.
- Cho, Seong-Jin (Piano)
- Barcelona Symphony and National Orchestra of Catalonia (OBC) (Orchestra)