Gain insight into the diversity and expressiveness of a powerful generation of Turkish composers.
Far from projecting a single identity, music from contemporary Turkey challenges listeners with its resistance to categorisation. In “of light and shadows”, Hezarfen offers a glimpse of this diversity. From Tolga Yaylalar’s subtle microtonal, post-spectral landscapes, to Onur Türkmen’s delicate reinterpretation of traditional “makam” and “kemençe” within his monophonic concept of ‘line’ (“hat”) and Gedizlioğlu’s eruptive, post-scelsian vision of what it means to be Mediterranean (Akdenizli), “of light and shadows” showcases a bold young generation of Turkish composers each intent on using whatever tools necessary to create their own musical voices.
Nov 16 2014
Order Tickets Online Today:
- Official ticket partner for 20.000 performances offered yearly online
- No re-sale of tickets, all tickets are approved by the organizers
- Easy and convenient booking process with secure payment
- Receive authorized e-Ticket with route description
- 100% money back immediately for cancelled event
- 24/7 Call Service Support, 365 days per year
Classictic. Quick. Uncomplicated. Secure.
"Classictic is the vital link between those needing to promote their concerts and festivals, and those who want an easy way to discover and book tickets for classical concerts.", Classical Music Now, July 2010
'It’s refreshing to see a team of genuine music enthusiasts attempting to offer a service that is at once international in scope but also approachable and tailored to each customer’s needs.', Muso Magazine, July 2010
© 2002-2014 by CLASSICTIC.com