Listen to a concert on the new Giant Organ at St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna!
Mighty sounds from more than 12,000 pipes fill one of the most beautiful churches in the world. In the organ concerts, world‐class international organists play a wide‐ranging programme from Bach over Reger to gems of organ music.
The Giant Organ (130 stops) in Vienna's St. Stephen's Cathedral, which has not been playable for 25 years, has been renewed by the organ building company Rieger from the Austrian federal state of Vorarlberg and connected to the choir organ (55 stops) in the front area of St. Stephen's Cathedral, which was also built by Rieger in 1991. The connection of the two organs will make it possible for the first time in the history of the cathedral to fill the space with a multi‐dimensional sound, from a central console with five manuals and now a remarkable 185 stops.
To be allowed to attend the concert you need one of the following certificates:
-COVID self‐test with digital authentication: Not older than 24h
-COVID antigen test: Not older than 48h
-COVID PCR test: Not older than 72h
-Evidence of recovery from COVID infection: Up to 6 months after the date of recovery.
-COVID vaccination: no legal basis exists yet for an exemption from testing for vaccinated individuals. As soon as one is available you will find more information here.
FFP2‐Masks are compulsory during your entire stay.
Groups of visitors can sit together, in accordance with the legal regulations.
- 约翰·塞巴斯蒂安·巴赫 – Sinfonia der Kantate „Wir müssen durch viel Trübsal in das Reich Gottes eingehen“, BWV 146
- 约翰·塞巴斯蒂安·巴赫 – Choralvorspiel „Liebster Jesu , wir sind hier“, BWV 731
- 沃尔夫冈·阿玛多伊斯·莫扎特 – Finale aus der Sinfonie, Kv 385 (‚Haffner‘)
- 费利克斯·门德尔松·巴托尔迪 – Scherzo aus dem ‘Sommernachtstraum’
- Lefébure‐Wély, Louis James Alfred – Verset F‐Dur
- Lefébure‐Wély, Louis James Alfred – Offertoire C‐Dur
- Dupré, Marcel – Prélude et fugue g‐moll, op.7
- Capek, Wolfgang – Paraphrase über österliche Themen
- Langlais, Jean – Cantilène aus der ‚Suite brève’
- 彼得·伊里奇·柴可夫斯基 – Allegro vivace from the Symphony No. 6 in B minor op. 74 ("Pathétique"), arr. Wolfgang Capek