Church of Our Lady of the Snows
The Church of Our Lady of the Snows was founded in 1347 by Charles IV. as the Gothic monastery church of Carmelites. Though it remains unfinished, it is one of the highest (34 m) and most significant church buildings in Prague.
In 1606, the church was given to the Franciscan order and was renovated in the Renaissance style. In 1611, during a raid by Passau troops, the church was devastated by the Prague mob. It was renovated in the early Baroque style after the year 1649. Its main alter, the biggest one in Prague (29m high), originated during this period.
Today, the Franciscan brothers are again living in the site. During communism, they had been forced to leave their monastery and returned in November 1989.
Church of Our Lady of the Snows, Jungmannovo náměstí 753/18, 110 00 布拉格, 捷克, 查看谷歌地图