The palace was built by Urbano Fieschi, Count of Lavagna in the mid‐fifteenth century. In the next century Cardinal Nicholas decided to expand the building. Nicholas was very well connected with the king of France and the Republic of Genoa, his native land. He died in 1524 and his family fell into financial difficulties. His heirs were forced to return the palace to the Savelli. In 1579 it was bought by Pope Gregory XIII Boncompagni for his son James, Duke of Sora, after whom the Palazzo is named.
Palazzo Sora, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 217, 00186 Roma, Italia, Google Maps