St. Kajetan Church

Praga, República Checa

Magnificent baroque St. Kajetan church, known also as Church of the virgin Maria of the assistance always lasting was built by Kajetan religious in the years 1691 to 1711. Accordance with Jean Baptis Matheye´s plans was church projected with a central cruciate ground plan. The final version was done by his student Giovanni Santini Aichl.
The main altar is decorated with sculptures from Matou Václav Jackel and Jan Oldch Mayer.
All the church´s activities were interrupted by Franz Josef II. in the years 1783 to 1786. The redemptorist friary obtained as well the monastery besides. Both buildings are connected with circular stair.

Sesiones

Dirección

St. Kajetan Church
Nerudova 22
118 00 Praga
República Checa
See on Google Maps

Transport

The St. Kajetan church is located near the tram station Malostranské náměstí (Lines 12, 20, 22, 91)

Seating Information

Main Hall, 120 Asientos