Castle Solitude in Germany was built as a hunting lodge between 1764 and 1769 under Duke Karl Eugen of Württemberg. It is not a true castle, but rather a rococo palace. Since 1956 the area has belonged to the urban district of Stuttgart, Germany. The castle lies on a long‐drawn‐out plain between the cities of Leonberg, Gerlingen and Stuttgart. The castle offers views to the north over Weilimdorf, Korntal to Ludwigsburg.
Schloss Solitude, , 70197 Stuttgart, Germany, Google Maps