The church of San Francisco in Palma de Mallorca, together with its cloister declared a national monument, one of the most beautiful churches in Palma de Mallorca. The church belongs to a convent founded by James III in 1278. The construction began in 1281, in Gothic style, and modified in 1384. The facade was rebuilt in 1621 and it has a beautiful rose window over the main portal, work of Francisco Herrera the young man who conceived it in the late seventeenth century, as a curious and eerie mix of styles, influenced no doubt by Bernini's art, but with some details that soften and mitigate the harshness and sheer excesses of Gothic art.
Basilica de Sant Francesc, Plaza San Francesc 7, 07001 Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Google Maps