David Coucheron, © Photo: Jeff Roffman
Miguel Harth-Bedoya and Norwegian Radio Orchestra, © Photo: Anna-Julia Granberg
Norwegian Radio Orchestra Performs Wagner, Selmer & Brahms
Thursday, January 26 2017, 19:30
Oslo University Aula, Oslo - Aula
About the EventClose
Discover the breath of Romantic music in this performance by the Norwegian Radio Orchestra, with conductor Miguel Harth-Bedoya and soloists David Coucheron (violin) and Efe Baltacigil (cello).
On the program are works by two composers of the Romantic period who could not be more different. While Wagner tried to revolutionize the genre of the opera, Brahms' compositions confirm his belief in pure music as the ultimate form of expression.
Norwegian pioneer of Romantic program music, Johan Selmer, completes this program.
- Wagner, Richard
- Overture, The Flying Dutchman
- Selmer, Johan
- Carnival in Flanders
- Brahms, Johannes
- Double-concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra in A minor, op. 102
- Wagner, Richard
- Prelude to "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg"
- Program is subject to change
- Norwegian Radio Orchestra (Orchestra)
- Founded in 1946, the Norwegian Radio Orchestra is known for its versatility and its flexible approach to various musical styles. The highly qualified musicians frequently perform in a wide range of music festivals, offering programs that range from Baroque and Classical music to contemporary music and jazz, all the way to pop and rock.
- Harth-Bedoya, Miguel (Conductor)
- Peruvian conductor Miguel Harth-Bedoya has been Principal Conductor of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra since 2013. Following his studies at both the Curtis Institute of Music and the Juilliard School, he has worked with some of the greatest orchestras worldwide.
- Baltacigil, Efe (Cello)
- Coucheron, David (Violin)
More Events Around this TimeRead more
There are currently no event dates available.