New York Philharmonic: Bronfman and Beethoven
David Geffen Hall, New York - New York Philharmonic
1M Happy Customers
Instant Official Ticket
Fast & Secure Booking
About the Event
For an extraordinary evening of piano classics, visit the impressive Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York to hear the masterpieces of Beethoven and Reich.
Approximate duration (min.): 135
- Beethoven, Ludwig van Symphony No. 2
- Reich, Steve Music for Ensemble and Orchestra (New York Premiere--New York Philharmonic Co-Commission with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, London Symphony Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, and Baltic Sea Philharmonic)
- Beethoven, Ludwig van Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major, op. 58
- van Zweden, Jaap (Conductor)
- Bronfman, Yefim (Piano) Pianist Yefim Bronfman made his international debut in 1975 with Zubin Mehta and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra. He made his Carnegie Hall debut in 1989 and gave a series of recitals with Isaac Stern in 1991. Bronfman won a Grammy award in 1997 for his recording of the three Bartók piano concertos with Esa-Pekka Salonen and the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
Bronfman is also devoted to chamber music and has performed with many chamber ensembles and instrumentalists. He made a set of Prokofiev's complete Sonatas and Concertos (with Zubin Metha).