The building of the Munich House of Artists and its culture of festivities has become a part of the history of Munich. Conceived of as a place of convergence between culture and society, in its outer appearance the House of Artists is still living proof of the style and society modeled at its origin in time. In 1893, Prinzregent Luitpold set the foundation stone of the building created by architect Gabriel von Seidl, which became The Munich House Of Artists, and in 1900 he personally opened the house to the public. Thus he fulfilled the dream of the Munich artists united in the 'Allotria' society in the 1850s: to bring together the patricians, the well‐to‐do brewery families and the new industralists in one place to meet the artists of the time; Franz von Lenbach, Fritz August Kaulbach and Franz von Stuck are recognized as the hosts and creators behind the many glamorous festivities.
Künstlerhaus am Lenbachplatz, Lenbachplatz 8, 80333 Munich, Germany, Google Maps