About the Event
Enjoy a wonderful culinary and cultural evening and get to know Vienna at its best, with a Mozart V.I.P. Ticket.
At 6 p.m. your table awaits you at the Restaurant Opus (Hotel Imperial), Kärntnerring 16, 1010 Vienna, one of Austria's finest restaurants. The chef has prepared an enticing gourmet meal for you.
After a delicious dinner, a squire in Mozart‐period costume will escort you to a traditional Viennese Fiaker (horse‐drawn carriage) waiting in front of the palace. You will be driven to the world‐renowned Opera House or the Musikverein. The best seats have been reserved for you to enjoy the Vienna Mozart Concert. You will be presented with a souvenir program book and a CD recording of the Vienna Mozart Orchestra.
The Wiener Musikverein is one of the world's great concert halls. The home of the Vienna Philarmonic Orchestra and the centre of Viennese musical life, the building was opened in 1870 as a part of an ambitious plan to create an elegant cultural boulevard along the Ringstrasse. Designed in the Neo‐Classical style to resemble an Ancient Greek temple, the Great Hall of the Musikverein is deemed to be one of the best music halls in the world thanks to its impeccable acoustics.
In 2004 four new halls were added to the building. The Austrian architect Wilhelm Holzbauer recognised the aesthetic importance of the existing building and sought out ways to echo the style in a modern language of form. Each of the four New Halls focuses on a different material — glass, metal, stone, and wood.
While The Vienna State Opera is one of the most renowned opera houses in the world. Located on the Ringstrasse, the hub of high culture and history in Vienna, this magnificent Neo‐Renaissance opera house opened its doors to the public in 1869 with a performance of Mozart’s Don Giovanni and has only grown in popularity. In 1945 some parts the State Opera were destroyed, and the company made a temporary move to the Theater an der Wien and the Vienna Volksoper for the next decade. In 1955 the State Opera was reopened with an improved auditorium and modernized technology, nonetheless, the original design was almost fully preserved.
Today, with around 350 opera and ballet performances per year, the Vienna State Opera is one of the busiest in the world, and has the largest repertoire, producing an average of 60 different operas and 10 ballets a year.
During the concert interval, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a glass of sparkling wine or a soft drink and to talk to the members of the ensemble. After the concert, your squire will be happy to offer advice on how to spend the rest of your unforgettable evening.
The Mozart V.I.P. Ticket includes:
* Concert‐goer's menu at the restaurant Opus (Hotel Imperial), Kärntnerring 16, 1010 Vienna (four‐course meal, drinks not included)
* Fiaker drive from the restaurant to the concert hall
* 1 top category ticket for the Vienna Mozart Concert
* 1 glass of sparkling or a soft drink in the V.I.P. area at the concert hall
* An opportunity to talk to the performers
* 1 program book
* 1 CD of the Vienna Mozart Orchestra
* Attendance by a Mozart Squire
Guests will receive the restaurant voucher, their tickets and the coupon for the “The Best of Mozart” Music CD on their arrival at the restaurant.
Marinated Austrian trout, green asparagus, lettuce
Crème of lobster soup, vegetable roulade, truffled leek
Braised shoulder of veal, white curd‐bread‐terrine, carrot variety
Manjari chocolate, sour cherries, Canihua
subject to modifications
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Overtures, Arias, Duets from Don Giovanni, The Marriage of Figaro, The Magic Flute
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – A Little Night Music – A Little Night Music, KV 525 (excerpts)
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Symphony in G minor, Op. 40 (excerpts)
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Symphony n. 41, 'Jupiter' (excerpts)
- Strauss, Johann – Donauwaltzer
- Strauss, Johann – Radetzky March, op. 228
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus – Selected works
- Strauss, Johann – Selected works
4.8 of 5
Gloria D., Spain
Todo fue perfecto. Los horarios, la cena en Corso y el concierto. A destacar la eficaz labor de Vera, una joven búlgara que trabaja para ustedes y que nos sirvió de guía en todo momento.
Sandie S., United Kingdom
suzanne p., France
parfait, aucune fausse note