A relic of Dubrovnik's powerful past, as the center of the Republic of Ragusa, one of the Mediterranean's pre-eminent maritime powers, the Rector's Palace was the seat of government from the 14th to the 17th Century. As well as housing the Rector, Ragusa's equivalent to the Venetian Doges, the Palace hosted council meetings, city administration, the armoury, and a prison.
Originally a Gothic construction, the depredations of both nature and man necessitated several reconstructions over the centuries. The building now incorporates the styles of the Renaissance and Baroque periods alongside its Gothic skeleton, to elegant effect. Now the Cultural History Museum, the gracious palace atrium provides an atmospheric venue for concerts during the city's annual Summer Festival.
Sorry, no results! Please try another keyword.
Ul. Pred Dvorom 3
See on Google Maps
Main Hall, 1000 Seats