In 1911, the Festspielhaus Hellerau (Hellerau Festival Theatre) was built after a concept of the architect Heinrich Tessenow within the Gartenstadt Hellerau (Garden City) of Dresden. Its architectural clarity gave direction to the Bauhaus style. It was the Swiss music pedagogue Émile Jaques‐Dalcroze who initiated the construction of the Festspielhaus and whose »Bildungsanstalt für Musik und Rhythmus« (School for Music and Rhythm) was located in this building. The Festspielhaus is considered a center for contemporary art, especially for dance and music, and therefore is a constant of Dresden's contemporary cultural scene.
Festspielhaus Hellerau, Karl‐Liebknecht‐Straße 56, 01109 Dresden, Germany, Google Maps