Concerts in Mozart's House: A Journey to the Past
Sala Terrena: Mozarthaus, Vienna - Sala Terrena
1M Happy Customers
Instant Official Ticket
Fast & Secure Booking
- Françoise G, Suisse, December 30 2018
- merveilleux quatuor d une fraicheur legere et gracieuse ou le plaisir de jouer semble etre le maítre mot...un pur bonheur pour les yeux grâce aux costumes et enchantement pour le coeur et les oreilles...un pur moment où le temps nous replonge dans un passe...enchanteur....merci à ces 4 virtuoses
- Nicole P, France, December 13 2018
- It was a very good performance but the room wasn’t good!!! We were disappointed ! show more
About the Event
Enjoy this concert with most beautiful works of the Viennese Classic at the Viennese Mozart House (Mozarthaus Wien), in which the great composer himself lived and worked. The very talented Mozart Ensemble Wien will perform in historical costumes.
The primary focus of the concert series is on chamber music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, but compositions by Joseph Haydn, Ludwig van Beethoven, and Franz Schubert are also on the program.
The concerts at the Mozart House take place at the monastery where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart lived and worked for Archbishop Colloredo in the year 1781. Mozart actually only officially resided in this house for six weeks in the year 1781 from March 16th until May 2nd. Mozart appreciated the wonderful acoustics and the incomparable atmosphere of the 'Sala Terrena'. The 'Sala Terrena' is the oldest concert hall in Vienna, where Mozart himself performed many concerts.
Duration: approx. 90 minutes
Tickets can be picked up at the box office 15 minutes before the concert starts on the day of the performance.
Tickets are available in category A (rows 1 to 3), category B (rows 4 to 6) and students (all rows).
The venue is not barrier-free, the concert hall can be reached via three steps.
Please inform us when booking if you need wheelchair-accessible access.
- Haydn, Joseph Quartett in d moll op. 76/2
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus A Little Night Music > A Little Night Music, KV 525
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus Quartett in C-Dur KV.157
- Schubert, Franz Deutsche Tänze
- Mozart Ensemble Wien (Chamber Music)
The 'Mozart Ensemble Wien' consists of four well known musicians of the Vienna Chamber Music scene, who also perform as soloists. Tours and concerts have brought them to all the countries of Europe as well as to Japan and South America, where they have played their quartet repertoire. By performing in Austria and abroad, the 'Mozart Ensemble Wien' has established itself in Viennese concert life and has become an 'insider tip' for visitors from all over the world.