St Mark's Anglican Church, Florence - Main Hall
1M Happy Customers
Instant Official Ticket
Fast & Secure Booking
- Sharon B, South Africa, May 06 2019
- Wonderful voices great sitting in an intimate venue
- Javier L, Canada, January 07 2019
- Thoroughly enjoyable in an intimate setting. The cast performed beautifully, and made you feel part of the show. Highly recommended!
- ronald joseph l, USA, December 28 2018
- This was a great way to see Carmen. The pianist was outstanding as a one man band. Carmen was good but Micaela was better. The lady playing one of Carmen's friends (Frasquita?) was a scene stealer both with her voice but also the way she communicated with her expressions. (That she was gorgeous didn't hurt.) The intimate setting ensured that no one in the small audience could have failed to feel part of the show.
- Patrick Y, USA, December 27 2018
- Wonderful. Simply wonderful evening. Intîmate setting and extraordinary talent. show more
About the Event
Georges Bizet's 'Carmen', with its libretto by Henri Meilhac and Ludovic Halévy, is among the most famous compositions in the repertoire! The opera in four acts will be performed by four singers in costumes, accompanied by piano, in the intimate setting of the Anglican Church of Florence.
The soldier Don José helps Carmen to escape from prison, because he has fallen in love with the beautiful gypsy. But, his love brings him into difficulties, because Escamillo, the famous bull fighter, is also madly in love with Carmen. Finally, Don José stands caught between two woman and two social classes - the thrilling outsider Carmen on one side, and loyal Micaela on the other side.
Each act will be explained in English.
Approximate duration (min.): 120
- Bizet, Georges Carmen
Cast / Production
Carmen – Chiara Manese
Don José – Maurizio Marchini
Escamillo - Franco Rossi
Micaëla – Veronica Senserini
Frasquita – Domitilla Lai
Mercedes - Yuliya Shyshko
Zuniga – Max Medero
Piano – Cristiano Manzoni
More Events Around this Time
St.Mark's Anglican Church: Italian Opera Love Duets
Wed, Oct 09 2019, 20:30Florence, St Mark's Anglican Church
Typical Italian Dinner & Opera in the Heart of Florence
Sat, Oct 19 2019, 19:00Florence, St Mark's Anglican Church
Thu, Oct 10 2019, 20:30Florence, St Mark's Anglican Church
Typical Italian Dinner & Concert in the Heart of Florence
Fri, Oct 11 2019, 19:00Florence, St Mark's Anglican Church
The Marriage of Figaro
Sat, Oct 12 2019, 20:30Florence, St Mark's Anglican Church