About the Event
The beautiful region of Friuli Venezia Giulia is home to this extraordinary festival that brings opera and vocal music to some of the region's most beautiful castles.
It's an experience where you can not only hear good music, but also enjoy the lifestyle of the place in an intimate and elegant setting. All performances take place outdoors — there is an alternative in case of bad weather. The 2022 edition of the Piccolo Opera Festival was born on the wave of good news: Nova Gorica in Slovenia and Gorizia in Italy will together be the European Capital of Culture 2025! The Piccolo Opera Festival aims to establish itself as a European cross‐border opera festival with an original project that offers an authentic 'opera experience without borders'.
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Sacred Trittico from Messiah, O Thou that tellest, recitativo e aria
- Scarlatti, Domenico – Sonata in B minor K 377
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Il mio crudel martoro from Ariodante
- Hasse, Johann Adolph – Tra le pompe from Marc’Antonio e Cleopatra
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Poro, Caro, dolce amico amplesso
- Scarlatti, Domenico – Sonata in A major K 322
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Pompe vane di morte / Dove sei amato bene from Rodelinda
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Volate amori from Ariodante
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Stille amare from Tolomeo
- Traetta, Tommaso – D’una misera famiglia from Antigona
- Scarlatti, Domenico – Sonata in A Major K 208
- Händel, Georg Friedrich – Io t’abbraccio from Rodelinda