The palace was constructed from 1924 and its entrance is placed in a building which belonged to the San Marco’s Procurators from 1331 and was sold back to private citizens between 1649 and 1700.
Campo San Gallo is behind San Marco Square and belonged to San Marco Basilica’s Parish from 1807 and 1967. In 1703 San Gallo’s Church was built as we can see it now.
Antonio Canova lived in Campo San Gallo during his visits in Venice; that’s the reason why this square was also called “Canova”.">